Bike to Work Month is May. Biking is great for fitness as well as for biking to work. It is easy on the joints, and is a great way to burn off those calories and lose weight. You will also sleep like a baby at night. There is nothing like good old fashion exercise to help you sleep like a baby. You can kill two birds with one stone. Bike to work for transportation and for exercise.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May in the North East Has Been Fantastic For Biking.

I have been enjoying my biking this May. There has only been a couple of days where it has been ugly, but for the last week it has been great. I have seen more grownups rather than teenagers on bikes in the last few days. I am not sure why this is the case. I am sure that it is because adults are becoming more aware of the benefits of riding bikes for exercising.
My Nintendo Wii, is probably suffering from neglect. I haven't even done the Wii Fit for quite a while now - probably 10 days. I just enjoy being outdoors and riding. Since May is Bike to Work month, I feel that I should get out there and do my part to promote bike riding not only as a viable alternative to driving the car, but as a good sound form of exercise.
It always amazes me what a sound sleep I get after I ride the bike. It is probably because of all the fresh air and climbing those hills, it really gets my heart pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Bike Articles

Blog Archive