Bike to Work Month is May. Biking is great for fitness as well as for biking to work. It is easy on the joints, and is a great way to burn off those calories and lose weight. You will also sleep like a baby at night. There is nothing like good old fashion exercise to help you sleep like a baby. You can kill two birds with one stone. Bike to work for transportation and for exercise.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spent Almost 4 Hours Riding the Bike Yesterday

It was beautiful day yesterday, and I just rode the bike. It was so nice. I could feel certain groups of smaller leg muscles aching that I hadn't felt for quite a while. Boy did I have a good sleep yesterday.
I was doing some reading about electric bicycles yesterday They can be used for assisted pedalling and they can also be used as a primary source of power. The incredible thing about these bikes is the weight of the bike. With the batteries and the motor they can weigh more than 80 lbs.
I would still like to have an electric bike. It looks more like I would then have two bikes, the electric bike would be for longer journeys and the regular bike would be for local bike riding.
I had actually considered making an electric motor from scratch, but that doesn't look as feasible as I thought, I would need some sort of electrical training. I would probably buy an electric conversion kit, this would make a good winter project. I will be looking into doing this in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This blog have helpful content and information. Is there any formula to control diet and keep muscle tone with fitness? For more log on
    Personal Trainer- www.just4ufit.com

    ReplyDelete

Great Bike Articles

Blog Archive